3887 Shaffer's Church Road, Glen Rock
Picnic Woods Reservation & Rule Form
PICNIC WOODS RULES
1. For use of all facilities at the Picnic Woods, reservations should be made at least 45 days in
advance through the church secretary at (717) 229-2932.
2. The normal rental season begins on the third Sunday in June and the Saturday preceding and
ends at the end of September. The second Sunday in August and the Saturday preceding is
reserved for Church use. If dates are desired outside of the rental season, this will require
approval by the Congregation Council.
3. Fee will be $ 25.00 for Zion (Shaffer's) Church members and $ 75.00 for non-members.
For non-members there will be an additional $ 250.00 deposit, which will be refunded upon
inspection of facilities and grounds. Any expenses incurred will be deducted from the deposit.
The above fees may be waived at the discretion of the Congregation Council.
4. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the premises with the exception of sacramental
5. Zion (Shaffer's) United Lutheran Church will not be responsible for personal injury or property
6. The Picnic Woods shall be open at sunrise and vacated by sundown.
7. Cutting of trees is not permitted.
8. Firewood shall be brought with you and is restricted for use in the fireplace in the open
pavilion. All local fire bans shall be strictly followed.
9. Renter is responsible for removing all trash from the Picnic Woods. Leave the Picnic Woods in
the condition you found it.
rules effective 6/9/09
new fees effective 10/1/09